Arm Care

Introduction to your Baseball Physical Therapist

Throwing Conditioning, Throwing Mechanics, Throwing Injuries and Pain.

by DrChrisMcKenzie » Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:05 pm

Hi there,

My name is Chris McKenzie, and I'm a baseball physical therapist (meaning I working with a lot of baseball players on a daily basis). Tim Kafer has set up this topic, and I have agreed to monitor it as best I can. I am here to be a resource for you.

Please ask questions when you have them, and I hope to answer them or at least guide you in the right direction. I know I don't have all the answers, but I probably have more than you do, and at minimum I'm better than a google search :)

A little bit about me... I am the owner of McKenzie Sports Physical Therapy in Philadelphia, PA. I am a sports physical therapist and for 10yrs I've specialized in throwing velocity improvement and the health of baseball pitchers.

As a prior athlete I know what it feels like to have sh*tty rehab, and have my athletic dreams crushed. So, I have created a unique thrower examination which exposes every "weak" area on the pitcher. If left unaddressed, this causes poor throwing speed, and can lead to pain and injury.

My past and current patients/clients are now excelling in collegiate & professional baseball and in youth programs nationwide. My ultimate goal is to ensure pitchers get real results, and actually throw harder so their dreams come true, and also offer peace of mind to parents that they have given their child the best ability to have fun, and truly enhance their performance while minimizing the risk of injury.

From time to time I will pose a question on here, but if you have questions, be sure to write a message, and tag me if you can.

Thanks,

Chris McKenzie
DrChrisMcKenzie

Return to Arm Care